Most of the best rides require a bit of time doing something that nobody likes to talk about: walking. The Pearl Izumi X-Alp Peak makes the most of this, whether you are carrying your bike to find an epic descent or balancing on wet logs during a stream crossing. It comes down to the sole, which features their 1:1 Next Step design, and sticky, yet durable, Vibram rubber compound. A 3/4-length shank allows the shoe to flex just ahead of the ball of the foot for a natural walking gait, without compromising pedaling performance. The modern, lightweight seamless upper delivers all-day comfort and shrugs off errant rock strikes, thanks to added toe protection.
- Bonded seamless upper delivers lightweight, durable riding performance
- Reinforced toe cap for added protection
- Traditional lace closure for a precise fit and all-day comfort
- Lace lock provides a safe place to stash your laces to keep them free of your drivetrain
- Nylon/carbon composite 3/4-length shank for efficient power transfer and off-the-bike versatility
- Lightweight EVA midsole for off-the-bike cushioning and all-day comfort
- Aggressive, lugged Vibram Megagrip compound outsole for superior traction and durability
- SPD Compatible
- Weight: 430 grams / 15.2 oz. (size 43)
Mountain bike shoes are most commonly compatible with SPD/2-Bolt cleats. Road bike shoes are most commonly compatible with Look/SPD-SL/3-Bolt cleats.
Cleats are sold separately. Be sure your shoes feature the correct bolt pattern.
|Closure and Fit Adjustment||Laces|
|Midsole||EVA w/Nylon/carbon composite shank|
|Weight||430g (size 43)|
* Subject to change without notice.