Avoid the extra baggage fees, but still fully experience adventures by bike when you travel. The Ritchey Break-Away road frame is a full-size bike that can be split apart to fit into its own special travel case that's basically the same size as a normal checked bag at the airport. The Break-Away Road frame is made from Ritchey heat treated, CrMo butted steel tubing, and includes a Pro Carbon Fork and headset. Aside from it's fantastic ride performance, the magic of this bike is in its patented locking compression system, which adds only 100 grams to the weight of the bike. The downtube is split near the bottom bracket and is fastened together with a simple locking ring. A double seatpost clamp up top secures the frame there. This system is strong and completely reliable - you'll never know you're riding a bike that you can split in half and pack in its own bag in less than twenty minutes. Case, padding, cable disconnects, and couplers also included in Frame Kit.
- Bottom Bracket: 68mm English threaded
- 28.6 front derailleur clamp (Caution: Front derailleur clamp MAX torque of 2.5Nm)
- 5.2lbs frame/fork (56cm)
- Case size: 8.5" W x 26.5"H x 31"L w/ wheels
- Break-Away travel case and padding included
- Ritchey does not guarantee Airlines will not charge
- DO NOT grease the downtube coupler on installation
- Protected by US Patent No. 6,886,844, EPO Patent 1298046 (validated in various EPO countries), Chinese Patent No. ZL200520113128.5 and Taiwanese Patent No. 192792 & 217716
|Frame||Ritchey Break Away chromoly|
|Fork||Ritchey WCS carbon|
|Bottom Bracket||68mm English threaded (sold separately)|
|Brake Compatibility||Road caliper|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Silver / X-Small||796941972857||97352877001||RIT45476372L|